This product review is an interview with GoldMine’s GM and Vice President Paul Petersen. With over 5,000 corporate users world-wide and 1,000,000 salespeople using GoldMine we asked for the interview to discuss the attributes of their latest version release, 2018 .1. The interview covers the new features, why salespeople like GoldMine, changes to keep up with tech stack demand, and pricing. www.Goldmine.com
Sponsor for this show:
Get more from the cloud with GoldMine workspaces. Flexible sign up options for BYOL hosting or subscription with monthly or annual terms. Designed for customers with Windows server-based applications but looking to off-load their on-premises server equipment.
This is an on-going series of interviews with executives on SLMA Radio and CRM Radio.
Paul Petersen, GM and VP of Goldmine Software shares his struggles from a young man to adjust to the realities of business. He has worked for 7 CEO’s as a senior manager and each taught him that he must consider being:
- Adaptability: He had to accept and participate in change; He has had 7 CEOs – all good guys, but different. He chose to participate rather than fight it (excepting criminal or ethical lapses)
- An “idea” is NOT a “plan”: many a good idea goes unfulfilled for want of execution. Have an idea? Enlist others to help -- have a bias for action.
- Communicating is hard – He learned more from listening than speaking. And by listening, he was more relevant for what he heard
- No one Cares what you did (or know) – only what you do now. No one says “tell us about software in the old days, Mr. Petersen” or cares about his thoughts on Fleetwood Mac before the girls joined.
- Make your boss look good (and team) – don’t be a kiss ass, but be supportive, do what you can to help others succeed; offer praise, cooperation – and phrase critiques gently.
- Lastly Bonus: have coping strategies: Pick your battles, be active, do stuff /press on
About Paul Petersen
Petersen is the general manager and vice president of the GoldMine. His career spans working with sales & marketing systems and process having developed, managed, and sold for companies including McDonald's Corp, General Electric, Symantec, Allied Van Lines and now has 16 years with CRM background at GoldMine. He holds a JD from Loyola University of Chicago and was one of the first to be awarded the Professional Certified Marketer designation by the American Marketing Association.
Headquartered in Salt Lake city, UT, GoldMine is “published” by Ivanti. Goldmine is a leading provider of CRM Solutions for small and mid-sized businesses worldwide. More than 25 years ago, GoldMine helped pioneer the CRM industry and they have been around for so many years because of their focus on being simple, affordable and proven.
Ask a salesperson and they will tell you that the most obscene thing they receive from marketing is a Naked Sales Lead. This is a stripped down sales lead that has nothing on it except what is mandatory and that usually doesn’t include budget, authority, need and time frame for purchase. In this live streaming CRMRadio.Today program Paul Petersen joins us to discuss how to gain the salespeople’s undying respect by giving them what they most desire: a qualified sales lead. The host is Jim Obermayer.
About Paul Petersen
Mr. Petersen is the general manager and vice president of the GoldMine business unit of HeatSoftware Inc. His career spans working with sales & marketing systems and process having developed, managed, and sold for companies including McDonald's Corp, General Electric, Symantec, Allied Van Lines and now has 16 years with CRM background at GoldMine. Mr. Petersen holds a JD from Loyola University of Chicago and was one of the first to be awarded the Professional Certified Marketer designation by the American Marketing Association.
Headquartered in Milpitas, CA., USA, GoldMine is a division of FrontRange Solutions. GoldMine is a leading provider of mobile relationship management solutions for small businesses worldwide. Over 1 million users have selected GoldMine to help them manage over 1 billion relationships. GoldMine has been selected by businesses in more than 80 verticals and 45 countries to grow their businesses and build enduring relationships. www.goldmine.com