She’s serious with humor, laughs when making a thoughtful point and you know as you listen that she speaks with authority and truth. Colleen Francis of Engaged Selling talks with host Stacy Gentile about the issues around poor, poor sales coaching. They discuss:
- How to avoid sales boom and bust cycles
- Why companies are not intentional enough about revenue
- The number one coaching failure: It worked that way before, it should work now
- The worst advice given to salespeople: “You’re not hitting your numbers, you have to close more deals.”
- Why companies have to be more intentional about sales metrics
- Is sales even the right word anymore?
- Are we in a buying environment and not a selling environment?
About our guest, Colleen Francis
Colleen of Engage Selling works with business and sales leaders to synergize the sales DNA of the organization to seize market opportunities. Whether designing strategy to target a new market or working with a team to improve its productivity, Colleen's results have attracted clients such as Merck, Abbott, Merrill Lynch, Royal Bank, Dow, Adecco, Trend Micro, NCR, Chevron, and thousands of other global organizations.
Time and time again, clients who work with Colleen note her frank, no-nonsense approach to accelerate sales while reducing effort and increasing profits. Colleen's practical strategies deliver immediate and lasting results.
Colleen is an award-winning writer and consultant, bestselling author, and member of the Speaking Hall of Fame. She is recognized as one of the foremost thought leaders on the future of selling by leading publications worldwide, including being named a LinkedIn Top Voice for Sales.
About Non-Stop Sales Boom
Has the last week of each quarter in your business become a mad scramble to meet quota? Do your year-end reports show sporadic and unexplainable highs some weeks that will be near impossible to meet next year, as well as mysterious lows that ruined your goals for a 10 percent increase? For many sales organizations, anomalies such as these are strangely commonplace and unshakeable without intentional efforts to ratify them.
Nonstop Sales Boom explains how to break this unhealthy cycle and achieve strong, steady results--every quarter, from every member of the team.Author and experienced sales leader for over twenty years Colleen Francis says the secret to leaving behind the roller-coaster reports and achieving sustaining, steady success is to broaden the focus from merely closing deals to actively nurturing the four critical stages of client engagement:
• Attraction: Fill the funnel with lucrative prospects
• Participation: Turn them into customers faster
• Growth: Invest in valued clients
• Leverage: Turn customers into referral generators
When companies concentrate on only one or two of these areas, their results become erratic. But by becoming purposeful toward all four, simultaneously, they will systematically attract a regular flow of prospects and move them smoothly through the pipeline--taking the chaos and pressure away from the end of quarter for good!