Anthony Iannarino, author, speaker, and well-known sales leader discusses his contrary opinion of the buying process in B2B. He says prospects don’t already know about the product and salespeople aren’t unnecessary as some will have us believe. In this interview with the host Paul Petersen he covers:
- The most important, six-word question a salesperson can ask.
- It is misleading to think the prospect knows everything.
- Of the four values a salesperson gives the prospects, only one is a real value add to the prospect.
- Inexperienced sales qualifiers subtract value in the buyer's mind rather than give value.
- Why the first contract with a prospect has have value in creating a compelling partnership
- Why literature is useless
- Anthony also discusses his book “Eat Their Lunch.”
The first-ever playbook for B2B salespeople on how to win clients and customers who are already being serviced by your competition, from the author of The Only Sales Guide You'll Ever Need and The Lost Art of Closing.
About Anthony Iannarino
ANTHONY IANNARINO is a highly respected international speaker, bestselling author, entrepreneur, and sales leader specializing in complex business-to-business (B2B) sales.
He is also a founder and managing partner of two closely-held, family-owned businesses in the staffing industry, leading both entities in strategic planning while growing sales. Anthony is best known for his work at The Sales Blog, which has helped him gain recognition as a top thought leader in sales strategy. He is also the designer of Level 4 Value Creation™ and Building Consensus, methodologies that help sales organizations achieve transformational, breakthrough results.
Throughout his career, Anthony has helped people in a wide variety of industries and markets think through and overcome their biggest business challenges. His greatest strength is in getting others to build consensus around what must change, and identify the resources within themselves that will drive positive results. Be it through the delivery of staffing solutions or sales strategies, Anthony is a trust builder who focuses on leading transformational conversations, those that create and sustain relationships of value. He is a natural mentor who brings the business acumen, situational knowledge, and experience to each engagement, and lays a solid foundation for future growth.