Working remotely is new to a lot of workers and their companies. Some do it well because they have done it for many years; some flounder and struggle to implement the technology and work processes. In this program, we hear from Paul Petersen the GM at GoldMine, his marketing manager Stacy Gentile, and CRM Radio’s studio producer, Paul Roberts, who discuss the dual challenges of technology and the human side of remote work.
- There are technology issues for different jobs in sales customer service, accounting, etc.
- How GoldMine CRM had a “stress test” two weeks ago with everyone in the company (including their parent company), sent home to work at home for a day to identify the issues should it happen
- They discussed equipment, testing connections, remote desktop, applications, password needs, use of web clients and mobile applications
The Human Element
- How to keep a team motivated
- Meeting cadence
- The benefit of over-communicating
- Team calls
- A home office structure
- Avoiding multi-tasking
- Judging tasks based on the 3 “Ds”: Do it, Detect it, or Delegate it.
It was a lively discussion with varying opinions.